Curbside Service is available Monday through Friday, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
at all CMRLS Libraries. Temporary hours may vary at some locations.
What is available at curbside?
- No appointment is needed.
- The book drops at the listed libraries are open.
- You may pick up holds after you have been notified the items are ready to be picked up.
- You may check out items.
- There is a limit of 5 items per library card at this time.
- You may return items.
- You may have items copied or printed.
- You may send a FAX.
- You may have an item notarized at Flowood, Brandon, Magee. and Mendenhall libraries.
How does Curbside Service work?
- You do not need an appointment but you may tell staff when they call what time you would like to pick up your holds.
- Have your library card with you; as well as the library cards of anyone in the car wishing to pick up holds and check out items.
- When you arrive at the library call the number posted on the outside the building.
- Staff will ask for
- your name,
- library card number,
- item request,
- call back telephone number,
- and vehicle information (make, model, and color).
- Staff will look for the item/s you are requesting or the hold you are picking up.
- Staff will check out the material to your library card number.
- Staff will clean the items and place them in an unused plastic bag.
- You will receive a call when staff will let you know they have the material and ask where in the car you want your items placed.
- Wearing gloves and a mask, staff will place the bag containing your items in your vehicle where you requested.