Central MS Regional Library System has an opening for a Circulation Clerk to fill a full time (40 hours) position at the Brandon Public Library in Brandon, MS. The Circulation Clerk is responsible for the daily duties of the circulation desk, shelving, and assists in providing service to patrons at the circulation desk. Responsible for preserving the physical appearance and order of the collection. May assist in providing basic reference service.
An Associate’s Degree and previous work experience is preferred. Computer literacy, good communication, and research skills are a must. Applicant must be able to lift from 30-40 pounds.
*Salary for this position is $18,000.00*
Applications are available at any of our libraries located in Rankin, Scott, Simpson, and Smith counties. Applications may be found online at below and emailed to email@example.com or turned in at any CMRLS library.
If you are interested in this position please send applications to Kimberly Cook, CMRLS Branch Coordinator. You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact at 601-825-0100, ext. 109.
Computer Technician – Administrative Headquarters, Brandon
Central Mississippi Regional Library System has an opening for a Computer Technician to fill a full-time position at our headquarters location in Brandon, MS with a salary of $25,000.00 annually.
Under the supervision of the Coordinator of Automation and Technical Services, troubleshoot and repair LAN systems, provide desktop support to end-users and perform tasks associated with hardware maintenance and repair, and operating maintenance at 20 branches and 1 headquarters locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Sets up personal computers, printers, and associated peripherals.
- Installs software on personal computers.
- Assists with installation and maintenance of network.
- Assists in training library staff on automation system, Microsoft Office Products, Email, and Internet.
- Assists with maintenance of Library website.
- Assists with maintenance of Automation servers, Active Directory servers.
- Provides backup for Coordinator of Automation and Technical Services.
- Assists in maintaining the Automation help desk.
- Provides desktop support to end users.
- Assists with maintaining inventory of software and hardware.
- Associate’s degree required; A+ Certification preferred. The successful applicant will demonstrate a thorough understanding of TCP/IP Networks and associated troubleshooting methods for a 21 location library system consisting of approximately 300 personal computers and servers and associated peripherals in a Windows environment. Thorough knowledge of operating systems (NT, XP, Server NT, Server 2000, and Server 2003) required. Ability to run data cable a plus. Familiarity with Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit, and Norton Ghost a plus
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to manipulate boxes and computer equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to read written directions and communicate effectively.
- Must have valid MS driver’s license and be insurable.
Good working conditions. Work is performed primarily in a climate-controlled office. The worker is subject to physical hazards from traffic and an irregular work schedule that may include evenings and weekends.
The job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.
Applications are available at any of our libraries located in Rankin, Scott, Simpson, and Smith counties. Applications may also be printed from the link below and emailed to Kimberly Cook, Coordinator of Branch Services at email@example.com or turned in at any CMRLS library.
Central MS Regional Library System has an opening for a Branch Manager to fill a full- time position at the Brandon Public Library in Brandon, MS.
SCOPE: Performs under general supervision, following oral and written instruction. This position reports to the Director and has responsibilities for directing and managing a branch.
BASIC FUNCTION: Branch Managers are responsible for all aspects of branch library operations. Responsible for staff, physical plant, materials, programming, community contacts, and local reference.
- Education requirements:
- An ALA MLS degree and three (3) years of previous supervisory experience in a public library; or
- Master’s Degree in a related field and three (3) years of previous library experience with two (2) of those years in a supervisory position.
- Must be computer literate.
- Possess good communication and reference skills.
- Be able to lift from 30-40 lbs.
- Be able to reach shelves above shoulder height and bend to reach shelves close to the floor.
Salary for this position will be $32,000.00 – $38,000.00 annually.
If you are interested in this position please send applications, found at the bottom of this webpage, to Kimberly Cook, Coordinator of Branch Services. Applications may be sent to Central Mississippi Regional Library System, P.O. Box 1749, Brandon, MS 39043, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 1749
Brandon, MS 39043
100 Tamberline Street
Brandon, MS 39042