The Central Mississippi Regional Library System provides materials and services to meet the changing personal, educational, professional, and cultural needs of Rankin, Scott, Simpson, and Smith Counties.
Statement of Beliefs
The Central Mississippi Regional Library System will carry out its mission in accordance with the following beliefs:
- Access will be free and open.
- Well-informed, committed employees will deliver quality services.
- A patron’s right to privacy will be protected.
- The American Library Association guidelines on censorship will be supported.
- All patrons will receive impartial assistance.
- Information will be comprehensive, reflecting the diversity of viewpoints.
The Central Mississippi Regional Library System will provide:
- Open access to all information through books, periodicals, audio visual materials, and online services.
- Support and enhancement of the educational process.
- Leisure and enrichment services for our communities.
- Acquisition and utilization of available technology.